Properly caring for your candle is important as it helps ensure a clean, safe burn that will prolong the life of the candle.
- The first burn is the called the memory burn. Melt the wax all the way across the jar, which could take 3 to 4 hours. If burned correctly the first time, the candle will burn evenly each time.
- Do not burn over 4 hours at a time.
- Keep candle away from moving air, such as a window or drafty room.
- Trim wick before each burn or after each 4 hour burn.
- Always use lid or something else to keep candle covered in between burns.
- Burn candle away from other heat sources and anything flammable.
- Store candle properly by keeping it covered, in a dark cool place that is out of direct light.
- It is never okay to sleep with a candle burning. Extinguish the candle before going to bed.
- Discontinue use of candle when 1/2 inch of wax is left at the bottom of the jar. This is very important as when there is no more wax left the heat will transfer to the jar which, will cause the jar to crack or catch fire.